Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 56

A note from Sherri:

Natalee had a bad weekend and couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. I just get so excited when she does good and I really don't like to share the bad side of things. We went to the doctor [on Tuesday] and she lost another 2 lbs. They felt it was important that she gets in-home care so they put a tube down her nose and the in-home service will come in and give her supplements (liquid food). She really is just skin and bones and pretty much lives in her bed. She hates the tube so when they told her that they had to do this she just cried, that was one of the most horrific things she remembers in the hospital. It was hard to see them try to get the tube down to her stomach, but the tube is small so she can eat food even though the tube is there. They want it to be in there for several weeks.

Yesterday we were at the hospital from 11:00 till 5:00 pm so please let everyone know that I really appreciate the meals. I was so emotionally worn out that it was nice to come home and not worry about getting a meal together.

On the positive note, my kids came up for the 4th so every one was here plus my sister and several of her family members, so we ended up having 18 people for the holiday. It was a bitter/sweet weekend, but I wouldn't change it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww thats to bad.

Nicholas -

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Nat!
~Kalvelage/Kosmecki family

Margo said...

That is bad. But don't worry. The unuverse is always in balence, so it will make up for this soon.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Margo

Anonymous said...

Natalee~
I am soo upset. I can't believe I haven't been up to date on your blog-but reading all this it seems like I've missed so much! I'm very sorry you had a rough weekend :(. But it will all get better! I saw this at my friends house today
"God gave you what you have, so he will get you through it" I immediately thought of you :) Your a tough cookie-you'll make it. Never dought your self. And when it hurts-know it can only get better. I contintinue to pray for you! Just keep thinking of the good, not the bad! Even though it's hard, please try because it will make all the difference :) I hope it can only get better, and hope to see you in the fall! We might even be in the same homeroom-that would be cool!
--Courtney T, 6A (Oh wait...7A!!!)

Anonymous said...

hey it is i kaytlin!
i miss you so much! i can't wait till the next time i see you! i am always praying for you girl don't forget it! i love you so much! every day i am thinking of you and when i do i think of all the good times we had together! and when i think of that i think of how much i miss your smile your laugh, YOU!
i hope you are feeling better! just remember to think good thoughts and you can pull through it! you are one tough girl! don't fret about anything and always remember that you are surrounded by a lot of people who love you and can help you fight this off because you can do it! i know it!

now here is the joke of the day..... what do you call a snail that drives a boat?..........a snailer! do you get it? i didn't did you let me know some time!

love ya lots i mean lots,
kaytlin :]

Cassie said...

Natalee,
I want you to know that I am still praying for you. It must be really hard for you but if you have faith, I know that Heavenly Father will help you and give you the strength you need to get through this hard ship.I have faith in you and I know that you will make it through this if you believe in what you can have the ability to do.
Best wishes,
Cassie

Madeline said...

Hey Natalee!!!
I just got home from California, I've been gone for nearly two weeks. I've missed you, and I would love to come see you... and maybe play another game of phase ten! It's on!
I really miss you and I hope I can visit you soon!
I love you a bunch!
~Madeline