Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 111 - No News is Good News

I am sure that many of you are wondering and worrying about Natalee since I haven’t posted any updates for several weeks. With the adage, ‘no news is good news’ that is true is this case. Just to give you a little window, sometimes with me coping as the mother of a cancer child, I chose to let this area go.

Natalee is done with her 2nd round. It has been 3 ½ months since all this has begun. We were given a wonderful gift from John and Patrice Parsons who have a mountain home at Government Camp, thank you my angels. We were able to stay there for almost a week, it was a wonderful retreat for our family. Nat's sisters, Janna and Britanee were able to stay there before they took off for college. They have been a real life saver during this time and have lifted our spirits so much, as also Nicole (our senior at Southridge HS). Natalee has not been as sick this time around but has experienced a lot of fatigue. Last round she always felt like she was going to throw up and hurt all the time. The doctors have said that because of the cells constantly changing, each round she will react differently, so we don’t know how she will be from round to round.

Tomorrow we are meeting with the teachers, principal and A house counselor to discuss how Natalee can hopefully attend a few classes. It is all an experiment at this stage, but the intent is for her to attend 2 classes at the end of the school day mainly for connections and then be tutored at home for the other required classes.

Check in a few more days and we hope to have some pictures from our beach and mountain trips!

There are many people that are reading Natalee's blog, to all of you, you are our friends, thanks for caring.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that wasn't really bad news... just not good news. What does that make this news?

Nicholas K.

Wendy G said...

So wonderful to hear how things are going! We pray for you every night!

Margo said...

No News is in fact good news! Is it already the 111th day? Wow. Feels shorter. I hope to be able to you at school Natalee!
Yours sincerly,
Margo S.

Unknown said...

natalee~
I agree with Nicholas...not bad news...just not great. I can't beliee it's been 3 1/2 months...Natalee, you are such a strong girl. You are such an inspiration. I think it would be cool if you got some classes in a Conestoga so you could see some friends...I have Mr. F homeroom, and im excited cuz i have some friends in that class. I will continue to pray for you, and I can't even image the amount of other who are. Just remember, keep sstrong. And as u can guess, I have no idea what you are going thru...but I know staying calm and postivie is easier said than done. But I hope your family and friends power keeps you going :]
--Courtney 7A (2 More Days!Yay!)

The Pyper Fam said...

Thanks for the update! We are praying that things continue to go smoothly! I hope you get to go to school! Keep us posted. We love you!

Shannon said...

Natalee, you are such an example of how strong one person can be when they have others. I hope you will be able to come back to school VERY soon. I hope to come visit sometime in the early future. Thank you for not giving up.

~Shannon Corkran :)