Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009


It has been short of a week since we received the results of Natalee’s scans. Though I wanted to do this sooner my emotions would not allow me. I have learned to take the information and put it on the shelf (so to speak) instead of internalizing it. But this time I took what was given and stored it in my heart and for that reason my heart has been heavy. The results we've received so far are from the CT Scan on the tumors in her lungs. We were told her tumors did not shrink. We were disappointed beyond all description.  The Doctor emphasized that the purpose of this chemo was to halt the growth and this is great news! So good news is that they have not grown. It is our hope, and through much prayer that her tumors will be at bay until God's design can take place.

I know He who created all things and gave us our lives, is our architect. He has a grand design for each of us, if we seek for His help; it is just that I want what seems to be right to be done now. The truth is perfection takes time, and for Natalee to be healed and someday have a cure for this cancer is going to take time.

This coming Wednesday we will get the result from her MRI, which are the scans of her abdomen, back and pelvic area. Last time there was growth, so I will be thrilled to hear that they haven’t grown.

Natalee is on day 5 of this round. She seems to have a pattern where the first 3 days she does fine and then day 4 it hits her, which is the case. We decided to time our Girl Scouts Planning Party around her. Luck had it, on day 3 we made pizza, did some planning and watched a movie. She loved every moment of it, especially having her friends over. The next day, Sunday, Natalee woke up feeling nauseas, dizzy and very weak. It is reminding me of her first round though she said it is not as bad.

We believe in the power of prayer and ask that you continue to ask God to: #1 Inspire and direct those who are researching to find a cure for this type of Kidney Cancer. That the Spirit will help them be able to see with a clearer mind that which needs to be opened to their understanding. #2 That her doctors will take the right course of action, even if it means that she is sent to a specialty hospital for research. God is a God of miracles, and prayer is a big part of that process.

We love your visits and welcome your calls, our number is 503-590-4922.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Well isn't that great news that your tumers haven't grown! I am sorry you have to go through all this, but I believe when this is over you will be stronger, more determined to get things done, and the blessings of the lord will be upon you for a very long time. Just think, when this is over you could help others who are going through the same thing (even though you are already doing that.) Take care of your self Natalee and I hope to see you soon.
Your friend,
Shannon Corkran

Anonymous said...

I was so wonderful seeing you @ Kaytlins volleyball game last week. Everyone loves you so much. I continue to think of and pray for you daily. You are truly an inspiration for all of us, young and old. Give your mom a big squeeze for me. Love, Kaytlin and Jennas grandma, Joanne

Mrs. Hoddevik/PE @ McKay said...

Just wanted to let Natalee and her family know that they are in my daily thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

natalee~
I am sooooo glad your tumors haven't grown! yay! To you that may just seem like no improvement, but it is good beyond belief! It's cool to see you in SS everyone in a while (I was the one with the smiley shirt as a nerd on Friday :)! I can't wait to see you again in the spring! it was also cool you gotta come for Tyler's last day. I think that made his day a little easier seeing you. I will continue to pray, wish, and anything else i can think of for you. No one has givin up, and no one will. Just try to stay postive, be your self and live your life to it's fullest :]
--Courtney 7A