Thursday, February 25, 2010

starting all over again

February 25, 2010
Throughout this journey with Natalee, I have placed a jar called 'hope' high upon a shelf so that it has been in view at all times. At times the wind has blown hard and caused the door to slam shut, making it hard to see. After pulling ourselves together and making our way to the door, we have been able to open it, to let the light shine in. Letting us again see the 'hope' jar. Sometimes the storms have been so hard that the jar has been pushed into a dark corner, and after a lot of searching we have been able to put it in its right place. Today (Feb. 22) the winds have blown so hard that the jar fell to the ground and shattered in pieces. And with the door closed I am having a hard time pulling the pieces back together. Natalee had her scans today, and the results were horrible. The standard for this study was that if her tumors grew more than 20% they would have to take her off the drug. So today she was taken off the study and right now we have no avenue of what to do. They didnt tell us how much they have grown and truthfully I didn't want to know. They did mention that even though they didn't scan her abdomen area this time they could tell that the tumors in that location have grown. Both of the doctors from Emanuel and Doernbechers are trying to find the right option.
I usually wait for the storms to pass over where I can see the brighter picture before I write anything in the blog, but we are desperately seeking help through your prayers. Right now they don't know which direction to take and truthfull there isn't a drug out there that has been successful on Renal Cell Carcinoma. For some patients they have found success while others it just doesn't work. To help you understand, tumor cell consists of two types: clear cell and non-clear cell, Natalee has the non-clear cell which is rare (10-20%) and then to break that down she has two forms of the non-clear cell which are crystalline and oblong and it is rare to have two forms of cells. She is unique!
It is our hope and faith that through all your prayers, the doctors will be led to the right information out there. There are alway new doors being opened, new studies, sometimes it could be combining two different drugs etc. So the doctors are tying to find the best avenue. If you could ask Heavenly Father, to guide the doctors in finding the correct course to take it, would mean the world to our family. We, our family, and others are having a special fast for Natalee, and would welcome anyone to join in the fast this Saturday/Sunday. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

14 comments:

Beth said...

I pray for you every day, I will continue to pray that the Doctors know how to help Natalee. Sending you love...-Beth

Julie said...

I'm so, so sorry. I've followed Natalee's journey and my heart breaks for her and what you're going through as a family. I will pray and I will pray with a purpose that there is more that can be done. Hugs!!

The Pyper Fam said...

We, of course, will be praying and fasting for Natalee this weekend! We love you guys!

Rachel said...

Leif and I will be fasting and praying for your family this weekend. Our hearts go out to you. We love you guys and the cousins.

Rachel & Leif.

Shannon said...

I will definitely be fasting this Sunday! Natalee, I keep you in my prayers every night. I hope you get better, and SOON!

VW Family said...

Our family is fasting for you today and our prayers are being sent your way.
Love, Heidi & family

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalee i just want to say that i love you girl and i miss you so much! School is so different without you there! I hope you get better soon! And i mean SOON cause i miss you! I really want to see you soon!

Love,
Kaytlin
P.S.
When can i see you? I hope soon!
And also my mom said that if you feel up to it you could come over to my house and i could invite us friends like madeline and makenna and all them. Only if you feel up to it and if you want to. If you don't that is fine. If you do let me know!

Anonymous said...

Prayers from the Kalvelage/Kosmecki family.

Madeline said...

Hey Natalee!
It was so much fun coming to your house and playing phase, (even though you killed us!). I really enjoy coming over and hanging out with you!
I just wanted to let you know that I pray for you all the time and that I love you SO much. You are a great friend.
Love, Madeline

Jackie said...

Our prayers are with you and your entire family. We will join this special fast and may the Lord lead the doctors to a treatment that will be successful and have Natalie strong and healthy. We feel as if you are family because of our love for Janna. Please know of our love for you all and help is here in Utah if we are needed.

Scott and Jackie Dimick

Ally Fulps said...

Hey my young little pickle!
I love you soo much! I miss seeing you at school, and I hope you can get better! I have been fasting and praying for you. I just want you to know that you are always on my mind! You are my best friend and I want you to know that you never leave my mind! I will keep you in my prayers and I just really hope you can get better soon! I love you Walton!

Love,
Ally

Mrs. Hoddevik/PE @ McKay said...

Hi Natalee!
I think and pray everyday for you and your family! I love reading the comments that your friends post, you are so blessed with great friends!!!! Thinking about you!!!!!
Mrs. Hoddevik

Anonymous said...

My family and I will pray for you, Natalee. Best wishes.

Cassie Gilliam 7A

Anonymous said...

Dear Natalee,
All this time I havent read your blog, i thought you were getting better. all this time you werent at school, i thought it was the swine flu. all this time i thought you were fighting it and deafeting it. the thing is, you cant assume these kind of things. our teacher said you having a bit of trouble lately. it seems as if you are like the big earthquake in haiti. our school was all about helping haiti at the beginning. we had a drive for them and everything just like you. as haiti faded away about a month later, so did you. a man once said that if you really care, wait for everything to die down. THEN do something. at the beginning, i read your blog everyday. now it seems i have not been on here at all in seventh grade. i do care about yuou very much and i wanna help. buit i dont kno how.