Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 34

Wahoo! Natalee has put on 4 lbs and her energy is increasing. She was able to attend the last day of school and zoomed all over field day in her wheelchair. I've posted pics taken that day:















She started on her medication last night (Monday 06/15). It has taken all this time to get the insurance to cover the treatment because it costs approximately $7,000 per month. In retrospect, it has been nice not having the meds covered simply because it has given her extra time to heal and strengthen before she starts down this rough road. Our prayers are needed now as much as possible that the drugs will shrink the cancer nodes and that Natalee will be able to cope with the side effects.

6 comments:

Nicholas Knapper said...

Nice Pics. I know it's short, I'm trying to limit myself.

Nicholas K.

Presley Kosmecki said...

i am soo glad you got to go to the last day of school! H.A.G.S!
Presley K.

Madeline Photography said...

Natalee! Cool pics! I love you

Anonymous said...

Natalee~
It was so nice to see you at school! I love the pictures- I think miss tanler and mrs. johnson would love to know they are on the internet! Well, I have to go but i hope you had a great last day of school and enjoyed yourself. I will continue to pray, hoping that your medicine will work!
--Courtney T 6A

Margo said...

Yo!
All great news! All great pics! H.A.G.S! H.A.K.A.S! Hope to see you in 7th grade!
Wish you smiles!
Margo S. :]

Jade B. said...

Hey Vamp (just kidding) Hope ur feeling better soon! I read ur blog daily, and i really hope youll be with us at Conestoga in seventh grade. We all miss you.
-Jade