Monday, June 28, 2010

Natalee's Memorial Fund

I know there are some who have asked if there was a fund to donate for Natalee. Our good friend Suzi Dyches has opened an account at Wells Fargo bank. You can go to any branch and tell them that you would like to make a donation to the 'Natalee Walton Memorial Fund'.
On the last day of school, Conestoga M.S. had a fund raiser where the children brought in loose change. The youth donated close to $2,000, thank you for your amazing hearts. We were shocked at the cost of her burial needs and we're so grateful for all your generosity.
My heart is so touched at the turnout of all the youth that came to Natalee's funeral service. I know that she saw all of you there and I am sure that she was aware of each of you personally. I truly believe she was there. Thank you. Also we want to thank all those who came to support our family on that very difficult but special day. I would like to share something that the person we worked with at the cemetery told us. She said that all day it was cloudy and windy (Natalee's resting place is on top of a hill that over looks the valley, very peaceful and serene) By the time we arrived, all of the sudden the sun came out, the cold winds stopped and she knew without a doubt that heaven was smiling down on our special day. After everyone left we stayed behind and I saw for myself how all the sudden a cold wind came down the hill. It was significant. It was a witness to us that God stilled peace to all of us.
It is three week today since Natalee passed over to the next life, I am just starting to think. The best way to describe our life right now, is everything is intensified. Our feelings, our emotions, our sorrows are so vulnerable. It still hurts, and we are left to ask the questions 'WHY?' Why she had to be taken at only 13, why did she have to get cancer and suffer and many more questions. And for me personally I have told my Heavenly Father that I am so mad at him. One thing I know for sure, is in time the answers will come. Until then, I will search to know the truth. Truth, Christ taught will set us free, or give us peace. Truth is when we know without a doubt, what is in Gods mind, will and heart. It is a pure understanding of what he wants and truly feels. Essentially being able to see as God sees. What cripples us is when our hurts, confusion, and anger takes over and we allow it to consume us. That is how Satan is able to have power over our hearts and if we keep listening to our emotions and not sifting through, then our all consuming feeling can literally destroy us.
Our family is doing a lot of together time, we even started doing crossword puzzles together and every day we play either Skipbo, or Phase 10 two of Nats favorite card games.
Everynight at 11 o'clock I get out my 'Book of Mormon' and read a chapter with Natalee. I imagine that she is sitting there beside me as I read aloud to her. Even though I don't feel her beside me it still gives me comfort to imagine her leaning up against me as I read to her, something I haven't been able to do for some time, because she was hurting. I have always found peace in the word of God and during this unrested time it does calm my heart and soul.
We are keeping up Natalee's trellis in the front yard in case someone wants to write a note to Nat or the family.
Our address is: 12345 SW Millview Ct. / Tigard, Or. / 97223

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think of you often, and how you are doing. Thank you for posting and sharing with us. We went camping last weekend and played Phase 10 and thought of Natalee too. Praying for you all. Amanda Bennett

Jackie said...

Sherri,

Scott and I want you to know that we still have you and your family in our thoughts and prayer. If there is anything we can do please let us know. If your girls coming to school this fall needs any help please tell them to call and we will do what we can to help. May God continue to bring you peace and comfort.

Jackie

Missy said...

This is one of those times I just don't know what to say. I wish your family peace. God is with Natalee. May you always feel her presence.

kkrazymom said...

Sherri,
I think of you often and wonder how your doing. I can't imagine what your going through. I know God has a plan but, when we hurt so very much, it's hard to see. I believe that Natalie's journey was not in vain- that there will be a reason shown to you for why your little girl had to experience this. Please know that my prayers are with you and your family as you learn to live this new life ahead of you. If you ever need anything, anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask. Love you :0)
Christy