Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's in Gods Hands

This past Wednesday May 5th, we had a family fast. As a parent there becomes a burden that digs at our heart, wondering have we done all that we can, should we stop as the doctors have suggested, or should we try to find other options. Since this all began, we have been overwhelmed with others suggestions (some I have appreciated) but others that have made us wonder if we have fallen short. With these haunting emotions we decided to seek our answers in our Temple. Whenever I need answers, or need to feel Gods comfort and Love, I go to His Temple. We specifically went to know what
Gods will is. So we considered three options 1) to continue on with our doctors and try another drug. 2) To check out some other cancer clinics that are more holistic, 3) to stop the drugs and turn her over to God. We told our children to all pray at 7:00 during the time we were to pray. After an hour and half of Kent and I praying and talking together, we knew without a doubt that it is time to stop the chemo, and put our daughter Natalee into Gods hands. This has been the hardest burden we have ever had to make, but we know that this is Gods will. and feel peace in our decision.
God is the architect and we trust in his will and his mighty power. With all the hardships and pain that Natalee is going through, it is time for our little girls to be free from cancer. Natalee has gone down hill rapidly. She has no strength to walk, it is very difficult to get her to eat and has lost a lot of weight. But as miserable as she is, she still has it in her to make us laugh. The doctor and social worker at Emanuel both made a comment that Natalee has stood out more than any other kid with how well she handles her hardships. That she has never complained, they said that if there was a word to best describe her, it is that she has grace. That is true.
The doctor also told me that she has shared Natalee's case with many doctors and have shown them her scans, and all of them were amazed that she wasn't taking pain medications until this past month. They felt she should have been taking it all along. I am so grateful for your prayers for Natalee, I believe it has empowered Gods grace and tender mercies to carry her through this difficult time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you and your family at this time. We pray for god to wrap you in his blanket of love and bring you peace.

In Gods peace The Ellertson's Chris Leslie Megan and Mark
(Broberg's neighbors)

Emilyyyyy! said...

I <3 you nataaleeeee!!!!!(:

Anonymous said...

natalie we all love you o so much and we always think about you.. i hope you got your birthday cards and you love them.. when i first met you .. you were shy =P but inside you were a bundle of excitement! you and me would always share our laughs and joy.. you would always have something to say and i would always say something back =D if i could describe you in three words, it would be fighter exciting and joyful.. you have made me see more to the world and made me look past my self into something new... YOU natalie are my role model and you are one of a kind and NOONE will ever forget that.. i love you so much love Jazzmin Fladger

Anonymous said...

ps. im sorry i spelled your name wrong I LOVE YOU NATALEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice said...

your whole family has shown grace and endurance throughout this whole process. we are blessed by your example and friendship and certainly wish we could do more than pray, but always know that we do pray for all of you and especially that you will find peace, comfort and Love in our Heavenly Father's love for each and every one of you!

Shannon said...

Natalee,
I love you so much! I am so glad you are my friend.

kkrazymom said...

My love and prayers are always with you Natalee, and with your family. You are an amazing 'teenager'(sounds cool doesn't it?!?) I am a better person for knowing you and your family. May God hold you in his arms and keep you pain free and your heart full of peace and love!! ~Christy

Jackie said...

Our love and prayers are with you all.

Scott and Jackie Dimick

Julie said...

I'm so very, very sorry for your sweet girl. I found this blog and have followed her journey and will pray now for her comfort and peace, and yours as well.

Unknown said...

Dear Natalee and family:

I know that God is taking good care of Natalee. God is in everything, even this. God will provide the strength you need to get through this and the grace to see the joy and blessings in each and every day.

I am sending you angels for comfort and support when you need it. And if there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to call on me.

You are very, very loved...

Susan Vargo (Charlie's mom)

Anonymous said...

I love you natalee, hey its dez just wanna say that my fam is there for your family and to yourself. we pray everyday for you. My cousin has your back and also god. stay strong girl!!!