Tuesday, May 18, 2010

update

There is so much I want to share, but feel that I need to hold off for the time.
Natalee is about the same. It has been 10 days from the last posting. I will say that she hasn't gotten better, but neither has she worsen. Three days after I had posted the previous blog, Natalee's doctor asked me to come in to talk. She wanted to prepare our family for some of the events that might happen to her. I cannot share what was told for it is too hard to even recount. From our conversation, we were expecting a rapid decline. So when I say she hasn't gotten worse, that is without a doubt amazing.
We are still having a hard time getting her to eat. She has 'thrush' which is a fungus that is in her mouth and digestive track. (chemo side effects) It is very uncomfortable for her to even swallow water, Her stomach hurts a lot from the thrush, being without food, and from coughing so much. It is a victory when she is able to eat. With the chemo being clean out of her body and the thrush medication starting to make some improvements, we are hoping by next week food will be appealing.
So many of you have asked what you can do? Right now, I would ask you to pray that Natalee's spirits can be lifted, that she can find peace and comfort, not to give up, and to have a desire to fight. Some of the greatest battles in life could have been won if we hadn't given up. Not knowing that while in the darkest hour there was a door waiting to be opened to find victory. It was 4 weeks ago that she was told the horrible news that nothing was working. This also was the first time she found out that she had terminal cancer. Can you imagine the shock, and horror that went through her mind, heart, and soul? It is unfathomable for me to comprehend. So for 3 weeks she gave up, quit eating, and quit trying to survive. So our good friends, we just ask you to pray.
Now one thing I want to express, when we said we turned her over to God, we weren't saying we gave up. She is in the greatest hands and care that can be given. The best was to say it is, she is on God's chemo, not man's chemo. So readers understand that our faith in God's healing powers have never been as strong as now. We have had some powerful experience that have lifted us up. Experiences in due time I want to share.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Am Atheist, But Will Still Pray...

Janice said...

I of you all daily and pray that you will all find the peace, comfort and will to fight together. hang in there, and yes, she is in the best hands, the only hands that can truly take care of her now! Your faith is amazing and I am grateful you are willing to share! God bless!!!!!

zundel said...

I too am grateful that you have been willing to share. You and your family are amazing. Your faith is amazing. You are an example to me. I will remember your faith, who knows what trials we will each face in the future. I will remember your faith and poise. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and especially Natalee.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping all of us updated on yours and Natalees journey. I get chills just reading your story and I have learned so very much about love, strength, courage and the importance of what is really cherished in life. Your faith is contagious. I think and pray for all of you daily and just know how many people love all of you.
Blessings, Joanne Wyss

Julie said...

I pray for Natalee all the time. I don't know her but I know too well the devastation that cancer is. Its not just "having cancer". Its the thrush, the no appetite, the depression... the list goes on and on. It is such a terrible disease and treatment and for a young person to go through it is just devastating and heartbreaking. I'll pray for her peace and comfort and hopefully a miracle.

Anonymous said...

natalee me and my family are all praying for you we believe in you hang in there!!! love you jazzmin fladger

Unknown said...

We just want your family to know we are praying for you and we miss you!!! We are here to be of service. Love Candy Booth and family

Anonymous said...

Always keeping a prayer for the Waltons in our hearts. Love you all

Missy said...

I pray for you all the time. You, and your family. May the comfort of God's hands holding you keep you feeling safe and secure. I will continue to pray for you. Thank you so much for sharing this part of your life with all of us.

Anonymous said...

Grace is the word that has come to my mind many times as I have visited this site, and Sheri mentioned it in an earlier posting describing the way Natalee has dealt with this. Grace is a great word--it's a noun, it's a verb, and it works from different perspectives. I am thinking of Natalee and wish you all continuing GRACE.
Sue Baumgartner

Anonymous said...

We love you Natalee. Don't forget that, and keep fighting. Nothing's impossible. <3

A Renewed Soul said...

I don't know your family, but know the pain of watching your child suffer with cancer. I will be praying for your whole family, and also that the Great Physician would bring healing to Natalee. There are times when this seems so impossible, but the Bible is full of impossible stories, and that is the God we serve.

Unknown said...

Natalee~
We love you! Everyone talks about you at school, how we miss and love you. I am always praying for a miracle, along with about half of Oregon!(:
You are one of the strongest girls I have ever met, or known. Not many 13 years old's can fight cancer for over a year. You are a miracle without your flaw, and a living angel with one.
<3's!
Courtney(: