Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 14







I didn't get to the hospital to see Natalee until last night and I'm really impressed with her progress. She really looks great! Members of her basketball team came to visit her last night and her face was lit up and she had her spark back (even though there are similarities, I'm not referring to the All Spark from Transformers which was used to bring mechanical and electronic objects to life).

She was able to move from her bed to her chair and the physical therapist has plans for her to be able to walk from her bed to door and then to be able to walk to the end of the hallway. She can pull herself up and really is healing at a miraculous pace.

They asked the doctor how many stitches he put in Natalee, and he said that he completely lost count. There are stitches in multiple layers and those he said were in the hundreds. The whip stitching to close everything up is over a thousand. Natalee was quite proud of that - she'll be able to win any "who has more stitches" contests.

The best news is that she is expected to be able to go home in a few days! The PT wants to make sure she can walk down the hallway first, but the surgeon said in the next day or two, so we'll see what it happens. Most likely the PT will win and she'll have to do the walking, but with as fast as she is recovering it shouldn't be a problem.

Once again, thank you for all the prayers on Natalee's behalf. We are seeing amazing things happen with her and we know it is all due to the faith that is being exercised from so many people.

9 comments:

Lizzie said...

Natalee,

Wow! That's fabulous! I'm glad you're doing so well! I hope you keep healing well and getting stronger--you're still in our prayers. It looks like you've got some good friends to keep your spirits up, which is always important. :)

Lizzie Landon

Tammy Fulps said...

Natalee...

You Rock! I am so amazed at what God can do! I know you will continue to amaze the medical world. You are a fighter. I think that comes from being the youngest in the family:) I too am the youngest. Keep your family on their toes, and remember that you are the boss!

Tammy

Madeline said...

Hey Pickle!!!! I'm so incredibly happy to hear your doing well!!! I'm so jealous that Ally, Kaytlin, Reana... your whole basketball team... were able to come visit you yesterday!!! I want to come visit soon!!! Maybe sometime this week! That would be awesome (If you are up for it). Well, I love you and miss you!
Love, Madeline

Pam George said...

Natalee,

This is wonderful. What a great God story you will have to share. Keep up the good work and continue to wow all those that are watching. My family continues to pray for you daily, and we know that God is in control.

Pam

Amanda Bennett said...

Natalee,

You are amazing! God is truly working in your life!! You are a true testimate of what He can do! I love seeing all the girls there with you. I bet that was awesome having them come see you!!! Presley is really looking forward to getting to see you soon too. Keep up all the hard work, and we'll keep praying and soon we'll be able to see you at home! Love you kiddo!

Amanda

Melissa said...

Hey! That is amazing news. I'm glad you were able to take visitors. Right now were in class but were allowed to go on your blog.

Brianna Smythe said...

Natalee

I ma excited that we were able to see you and hopefully you are up to it again tonight to watch a movie. Tell me when you get your Taylor Swift picture that was so exciting to hear. Hope to see you soon.

Brianna

Justin W said...

Man it must be painful to have surgery (even knoing you were asleep) but i justed wanted to wish you good luck and everything at school is going great and everyone still misses you(especially a sepcial someone)! So have a good day hoep to see you next YEAR!

kaytlin22 said...

hey natalee! i am so glad i got to see you and i am glad you are felling a lot better! i pray for you every night and every morning!
love ya,
kaytlin

P.S.
i don't have i joke of the day. I AM SO SO SO SORRY!!!! but when i figure one out i am going straight to my computer! i can't wait to see you again! seeing you was great! you look a lot better! do you feel better? well i hope you do!
give love and good thoughts to your family for me and to you!
- kaytlin :D