Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 2

Good news! Natalee had her heart ultrasound this morning, and they said her heart looks good. There wasn't a great deal of concern about it, but we are happy to celebrate the positives. Still no news yet as to the results of the bone scan and biopsy, but the doctors did say that they are still checking to see if they "got enough" [tissue] from the biopsy and should know that shortly.

Natalee did beat everyone at Rack-O today and it was her first time playing the game! Clearly her competitive spirit hasn't been dulled. I also heard that she is not happy about having her 5th grade picture posted on the blog and really wants her 6th grade picture up instead. I don't have it, so if anyone can email it to be that would be great!

This afternoon they are heading over to Providence Portland for the PET scan and are hoping to take a little "extra time" before heading back to Emanuel. There is hope that she might be allowed a short sabbatical from the hospital on Saturday, but no word for sure yet. Will keep you updated...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalee!!! Get well soon!!

-Jade and Bhavana

Jerry Morgan (3rd grade:) said...

Natalee, I am so sorry to hear about this :( As you go through this, always remember to keep faith. You are in the thoughts and prayers of a whole lot of people, everyone of which is looking forward to many many years with you still around. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know (remember, I used to be a chef before becoming a teacher). So you name it, and I'll make it. I know how wonderful hospital food can be, but I can try to do my best to beat them :)
Sherrie, the same for you, anything you need, just let me know.
Please take care and let me know when you are ready for visitors and I'll be sure to stop by.

You can just call McKay here to get ahold of me.

Jerry Morgan

Anonymous said...

Hey Pickle!! You know that I love you soo much, and we can get through this. I just wanted to let you know that you are the greatest friend and that you always make me feel good when I'm around you. Just keep faith and remember that I'm praying for you, and remember pioneer girl if you want a laugh!!
Love, Madeline

rere luvs natalee said...

hey natalee i just want to say keep your hope up nd ill always have u in MYprayers i miss u so much and just reading these blogs made me cry so much. it breaks my heart that ure not here with us and u can fight this.keep up the the good heart and i know u will make it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rere luvs natalee said...

hey natalee its me again im sorry tobother u so much but i cant help but think of you. i miss you so much even though i already sent ou a blog well pls remeber me cuz i remeber you alwayz well bye bye nd remeber you can fight this i noe you can. o yea me and brianna might c the councelor today but i d k

love 4ever,rechealle rain

Shawna said...

Hi Natalee! We wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. You are a strong young lady (we've seen it on the b-ball court!). You can beat this!
Sherri and Kent, what can we do to help? Say the word, and Matt will start taking care of your yard and I can cook, clean, whatever you need. (503) 524-8763
Take care,
Shawna, Matt, Kaytlin and Jenna Wyss